Friday, August 20, 2010

Hello Jackson!

I have officially been in my apartment in Jackson for 1 week! This is nuts. I can't realy explain the mental gymnastics I'm going through. It's really weird..I feel like I'm waiting to see my old kids at PBA, and work with my best friend, and deal with all the drama that I only have to hear about now. In some ways I miss my "old life," but at the same time I'm so excited about my new path. Starting over, again, isn't really scary for me. Maybe that's partly because I'm comfortable on my own. It's funny (kind of, and yet a little frustrating) to hear what some people from back in WP are saying about me and this transition. I know I can't expect them to understand necessarily, but is it really too much at as to be supportive and to just believe me when I say that I'm just trying to follow God's plan for me?

Enough of that. So, I'm in Jackson. In my 1 bedroom apartment (which is larger than my place in WP) with my 2 little girls. "My girls" are two mini-schnauzers Zoe and Hannah. Both are rescue puppies..well they're 3 but they still act like babies. Zoe has been living with my mom and dad for the past year or so, she was abandoned on the side of the road by my aunts horse farm. She is a super sweet, super soft, little love. Then there's Hannah. Hannah was rescued from a puppy mill in Mississippi about a month ago. I adopted her through UnderDogs Rescue, a great local dog rescue in Ft. Walton. Hannah is white to the point of looking pink. She is so playful, a bit hyper and "barky", and very intent are reclaiming her lost puppyhood. She definitely tries my patience a bit, but still sooooo sweet. She doesn't understand kids, and the first time she saw a TV she was totally lost. She's definitely a little baby, such a love.

Classes start at Union on Tuesday. I'm teaching 3 classes this fall and I'm really not prepared for any of them! I'll get there...Just have to take it one day at a time. I'll be teaching Lower Extremity Evaluation, Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries, and Clinical V which is basically a therapeutic exercise review and competency class. I've never taught any of these courses, but thankfully they have old syllabi and power points for me to reference. Of course I'm basically rewriting the lectures, but at least there's a jumping off point!

Ok so that's all for now. Maybe I'll update you again while it's still August! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you as school starts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo many things I want to say to you right now in... but I am just going to say I love you.

    ReplyDelete