Friday, July 23, 2010

Home

So I've been home for just over a week now and I keep waiting for "post-project depression" to hit and it just isn't happening. I imagine that should be a positive thing. hahaha. I think the main reason I'm coping so well is that I went straight from one abnormal living arrangement to another (yes, at 28 and after 10 years away being in my parent's house for an extended period of time is abnormal). Add to that realizing that I will not actually ever be in what I'm used to as "normal" since my next stop is a short visit in WPB, followed by a couple days in Otown for a wedding I cannot wait for (cutest dress ever!), then it'll be time to load up and move to Jackson. Yes, "I'm going to Jackson"...I've had that song sung to me so many times.... I've spent the past week trying to figure out all those things that one has to figure out for a move such as this. For instance... I either sold or donated ALL of my furniture. Well almost all of my furniture. All I kept was a white desk and and Ikea butcher block corner unit thingy w/ 2 stools. So basically all the comfortable stuff...yay, don't have it. Or I should say didn't have it. Since getting home last week I've purchased a beautiful Ashley bedroom set. Queen, 4 poster bed with mattress and box spring, side table and dresser w/ mirror. It's gorgeous!!! Then I bought an Ashley living room set (these are 2 seperate purchases from different people/places). It's a great light green couch, chair and ottoman. I'm really happy with what I have an cannot wait to see my new apartment and get it all set up. How weird is it that in just a couple weeks I'll be starting a whole new chapter of my life. I feel like I'm just killing time right now in Pensacola, and I guess technically that's what I'm doing. But it has been so nice to spend some real chill time with my family. Especially since everyone is in the P'cola area. I even got to see a few great friends this past weekend which was a suprise, but very welcome, and I get to see some more this coming week. God is so good, and He has blessed me so much! I cannot wait to get on with this new path He's set my feet too. It's so funny to me looking back at what my life could be like right now if I hadn't set my mind to follow His plan instead of my own. I have ZERO doubt that I would be MISERABLE right now. And yet, I'm filled with ancitipation and excitement for my new adventure. Of course I miss my friends in WP. But I know that the ones that really matter will be a part of me always.

The students are entering into their last week on project in Colorado. It's weird having no idea what they've been dealing with or how God's been working. I am looking forward to getting a full report!!! Keep praying that they are just totally rocked by God this last week...it'll be so cool to hear the stories!!

Alright friends, time to go get more work done. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment