Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Yes, yes...I'm alive

I know, I'm sorry. It's been forever since I posted anything. To be fair though I did write a post last week, but I wrote it in word and for some reason my computer wont let me copy and paste it into the blog field (if you have any hints on how to make that happen I'd love to post what I wrote..but I'm not going to rewrite it).

Life in the house continues to be absolutely crazy! I feel like I have something to do or someone to meet with or talk to like every hour of the day. It's been an amazing experience and I've had a ton of fun, but I am definitely beginning to feel a little worn down. I'm trying to throw myself fully into this last week and enjoy every last opportunity I have to get to know our students and staff and just enjoy sharing life together. I really enjoy the community hear and surprisingly (for me) I haven't gotten overly frustrated with the apparent lack of alone time...especially since I am sharing my room. Major accomplishment for me!! YAY!! hahaha. But in all seriousness I booked my flight home to Pensacola, I'll be flying in on the 15th and I'm super excited. Can't wait to spend some time with the fam and live in a house with AC!! ;)

For those of you who haven't heard yet I have accepted a faculty position as an assistant professor at Union University. I start on August 16th. Today I secured an apartment and I'm planning on moving up that way around the 12th. This is really happening and it's just CRAZY!! I'm very excited for this new adventure God has me on, though I have to admit it's not what I expected when He called me to leave PBA. It will certainly be interesting...

Speaking of jobs, last night we gave our project students thier "jobs" for the 3 weeks they are here after the staff leaves. See they will actually live here and run project without any AIA staff or interns here to help them or lead them. It's a great opportunity for them to stretch and to grow. I haven't had an opportunity yet today to talk with any of them about their jobs so I'm excited to go to dinner and process some of this with them. I can't wait to hear what they get up to after we leave (which brings up another rule...we can't have any contact with the students between the day we leave the house and the day the students pack up and leave...that's 3 weeks). I'm sure they will have some interesting stories to share!

Alrighty, time to go and vedge out for a bit before dinner. I hope all are doing well!!

~Loves!!!

Oh..PS...I get my hair cut tomorrow...I'll try to remember to post pics!

1 comment:

  1. Hair cut huh? I have been considering one but I have to wait, figure I will grow it out to donate and just chop it again. Glad you got a place and I am proud of you that your roomate has not moved out yet. Are you talking before 10am now? On the cutting and pasting I am baffled it should work no problem.

    ReplyDelete