Friday, June 18, 2010

I know, I know....bad Jen....

Ok so it's been like a week since I last updated you on my life here in Colorado. It's just been such a good, but crazy week I haven't had a moment to think, let alone type a blog post. ;) So here I am, 3 weeks in to my 6 weeks stay....man it's gone fast!! Last week we had the SPECIAL which is literally one of the most amazing events to watch. SPECIAL stands for Spiritual Principles + Exhaustion = Confidence in Almighty Lord. Self-explanatory right? Ok maybe not. So essentially from 6 pm on Friday to around 1 pm on Saturday the athletes on the Colorado Project compete in different athletic events, with only short breaks for transition periods or for Gospel presentations and prayer. I say this is an amazing event because in no other arena in my life at least have I been able to witness God working and moving in such a powerful way in so many peoples lives at the same time. This is the 3rd SPECIAL I've "worked" and while it was very different from the past 2 years, it was still amazing. Students really learned what it means to rely on God for thier strength in a very practicle way and many met Him in a new and different way.


Here are some pics....
Nothing like men who pray....
2010 Colorado Project Staff Team

Golgotha.....

Cross Country team relay

Pull up station.....The worst stop on the obstacle course!!!


Our Awesome 2010 Students








2 comments:

  1. Awesome Jen! I hope you are able to come back in July and tell me all about it! Also, in your photo to the side Greg noticed there is a girl with an orange HOPE track and field shirt on, when is that from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's Bekah Woods...she graduated from Hope last year I think.... We have a girl who's here now that went to Hope for 2 years before transferring to Western Michigan.

    ReplyDelete