Saturday, June 5, 2010

Taking a Break

If you know me at all you probably know that I require lots of alone time to just sit and process...or to just be alone. There's not a lot of that in the Project house and there will be even less of that now that the students arrive today. Colby, our project director, is great at reminding us to take some time for ourselves to do quiet times and recharge our batteries...problem is I'm not great at taking that time, even though I know I need it. In the moment I usually think I'm fine...it's not until a day or two later that I start to get irritable because I haven't been able to escape at all. I need to be more assertive at laying claim to my alone time, and not feel bad about doing something that I need and that makes me a nicer person when I do "go back to reality."

So that's actually what I'm doing right now. All my actual jobs are done for today and we are in the middle of "git'er done time" which is basically just free time to finish up last minute things before students arrive. I did what I needed to do and now I'm sitting here, ALONE, sharing my thoughts with you people and just chilling out. I love just sitting and listening to music, being still. I'm still working on taking the contentment I have in those moments and carrying them over into my actual quiet times with God...instead of making my times of study and prayer just check marks on my days. Practice makes perfect right.

For those of you that are following my current career...path, leap, confusion...here's a brief update. I am not moving to Ohio. I had thought for sure for about a month that God was leading me to move up that way and take a job at a Christan school that is very near AIA head quarters...but in the end He shut that door. (BTW..something I'm working on this summer is to stop trying to predict God's plan for me!). So , that was a pretty significant let down. Not that I was especially thrilled to move to somewhere sooooo cold, but I was going to go if that's where God wanted me. I got the call on Tuesday that they filled that position..which made Tuesday a rough day. On Wednesday I got a call from another school I'd applied to and basically had a great, impromptu 40 minute phone interview. They called my references on Thursday, and called me again yesterday to talk about scheduling a time to fly me out to Tennessee for an on campus interview! I'm pretty excited about the opportunity, but I'm trying to remind myself not to get too overly invested and psyched until I figure out if the position is a fit and if that's actually where God wants me. Please keep me in prayer as I'm trying to seek God's will for me. So far He's made it pretty clear that my next season wont be in West Palm, Pensacola, or Ohio...so the search is still on and I'm still trusting in God's provision and guidanve!! :)

Ah, I feel better...yay, alone time!!! Maybe I can go play nice with others now! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment